Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kyle feat. T-Pain (teeth pain) 12/29

Going on about the 4th straight week where I've been exhausted all day and making concerted efforts not to fall asleep at work, despite getting plenty of sleep. The "flare" is apparently still ongoing, with more pain in the feet. The new pain symptom is resting itself in the teeth. My teeth hurt a lot, not just one tooth, all of them. I want to thank everyone who responded to my question about their experience with teeth pain and RA, looks like I'm going to have to get a mouth guard.

Despite this feeling of exhaustion and the flare still ongoing, I couldn't rest anymore and I had to run. A short run, and didn't time it because I didn't wan't to get frustrated. Legs felt very sore when running but I was just so sick of not doing anything, I felt gross. Going for another run, a bit longer, tonight or tomorrow. It's getting so close to the half-marathon date that I can't really not run, no matter how tired or in pain I am, unless I just don't wanna do the race. Not running the race has sort of become not an option for me, because my fear is that the way this thing is progressing I'm not sure how many opportunities I'm gonna get to run in a half-marathon (hopefully more, but not gonna take it for granted). I got new running shoes, with more support and cushion so maybe that'll help on the joints.

I am supposed to be running 8 miles this weekend, but have given up on the "traditional" training route that everyone else tries for half marathons, and just trying to ensure I can make it 13 miles by the last weekend in January for the race.

All of the other symptoms remain the same with headaches/stomach aches that come and go. Tomorrow is my first appointment in two months with my rheumatologist, and the first appointment since the pretty dramatic increase in symptoms. I've got a list of all the pain and what not I've been feeling, and finally getting the cojones to tell him we're not gonna up my methotrexate and just see what happens, I need something more than just that.

I know I've been super erratic with blogposts, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk about all of it and kinda just wish it would go away. Other times I'm imagining not everyone else wants to read about it, not exactly uplifting material. Hopefully I'll be more on top of it from now on.

P.S. - the "Show Us Your Hands" collage is fantastic for those who haven't seen it, and am kind of embarrassed that I haven't submitted my hands but my girlfriend has, and I'm the one with the RA. That will be my #1 priority this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers